If you can’t find the answers to your question here please give us a call at 867-668-4817.

How do I register for Camp Yukon?

Register online, pick up a Registration Form from one of the many poster locations at schools and businesses, or at our offices located at 91806 Alaska Highway in the Life FM Radio Station building. Office hours are 9am to 5pm, Monday through Friday. Forms can be dropped off at the office, faxed to 633-3517, or mailed to 91806 Alaska Highway, Whitehorse, YT, Y1A 5B7. Registrations can also be made by phone at 668-4817. Please remember we cannot hold spots without the non-refundable deposit of $200.

How can I pay for camp?

Camp Yukon accepts Visa, MasterCard, Interac, cash or cheque. Please make cheques payable to Camp Yukon.

Is there financial assistance available for families in need?

Many low income families find funding through the Kids Recreation Fund (KRF). KRF is sponsored through Sport Yukon and their information can be found online at http://sportyukon.com/programs/kids-recreation-fund/. There may be funding options with programs you are already involved in. Many people are funded though their First Nations band office, their church, Child and Family Service, friends and family, or other programs which support children and families. If none of these options are available to you please contact our office and we may be able to find you sponsorship through our camp. There is also a 10% discount for each additional child attending from within the same immediate family.

Where is the camp located?

Camp Yukon is located on the northern shore of Atlin Lake, just north of the BC border. To get to camp, drive south from Whitehorse on the Alaska Highway to Jake’s Corner. Turn right onto the Tagish Road and then take your first left onto the Atlin Road. The turnoff for Camp Yukon is at kilometre 38 of the Atlin Road and is marked with a large Camp Yukon sign.

Is there transportation to camp available?

Camp Yukon does NOT provide transportation to camp. Parents/guardians are expected to drop off and pick up their campers from camp. See above for where camp is located and how to get there.

When is the registration deadline?

Our camps fill up quickly so please register as soon as possible. To reserve a space for your camper, a non-refundable deposit of $200 is required.

What if we have to cancel?

If your plans change and you must cancel your registration please contact the camp office at 867-668-4817.

Can my child request to be in the same cabin as their friends?

Campers may request to be in a cabin with a friend. Although we cannot guarantee all friend requests we do our best. Cabins are allocated according to biological-sex and age, so friend requests must be of the same sex and should not have more than one year age difference. However, camp is a chance for campers to be independent and make new friends. If we are unable to place your child in a cabin with their friends we hope that they will embrace this opportunity. Camp Yukon recognizes the biological birth gender of boys and girls in cabin assignment and other activities.

What should I bring to camp?

Once you have registered your child or youth for Camp Yukon, you will be emailed a confirmation letter. This letter includes information about what to bring to camp, contact information, and when to be there. Please ensure all belongings are labeled with your camper’s name.

Can I bring my cell phone to camp?

Cell phones or electronic devices of any kind are not allowed at camp. This camp is unplugged with the goal of giving campers the opportunity to take a break from technology and connect with the people and the wilderness that make up the camp experience. Digital cameras are the only electronics allowed at camp. You may not use a cell phone or other electronic device to take pictures, listen to music, play games, or any other activity.

What happens if my child gets homesick?

Missing home is a natural and common feeling. It is a very real condition that when properly managed can play an important part in the development of independence, self-confidence, and self-reliance. Camp staff are knowledgeable and trained in dealing with homesickness and in most cases these feelings disappear after a few days. For severe cases of homesickness the parent may be called, however we do find that calling home usually amplifies homesickness. If you receive a call from your child we suggest focusing on the fun they are having and the exciting things that they are learning.

I am worried my child will be homesick. Is there anything I can do to help prepare them for camp?

Talk to your child about any nervous or anxious feelings they may have about camp. Let them know that many other children feel the same way. Have your camper practice being away from home at a sleepover with a friend or relative. Most importantly, be sure to encourage your child to participate in all camp activities to keep his or her mind off of any negative feelings. Physical activity is a great way to stay positive and combat homesickness.

Can I visit my child at Camp Yukon?

Camp Yukon has strict policies surrounding guests onsite. If you would like to visit your camper you must first contact the in-town office to arrange your visit. Then when you arrive to Camp Yukon you must immediately check in with the acting Director who can be located by any of our staff. We cannot permit parents to enter cabins or explore Camp unescorted.

What if my child has a health problem? Is there medical staff at camp?

There is a staff trained in emergency first-aid or as a nurse on duty at camp. The nurse will hold all medications and administer them as needed. The nurse will deal with all medical incidents, injuries, and emergencies. A number of our staff also have training in Standard First Aid and CPR/AED. If you have questions as to your child’s specific medical needs please feel free to call our office at 668-4817. Please ensure you disclose any medical conditions at the time of registration.

Camp Yukon is Sponsored by Bethany Church